Thursday, December 1, 2011

So much to be thankful for

The last couple of weeks have been full of friends, food, family, food, fun and food. We hosted several holiday events at the house. One included 9 overnight guests. One involved a craft night with my girlfriends. It was a busy couple of weeks, but one full of rich blessings and quality time with people we love. And did I mention that there was some yummy food involved? Thanksgiving is, by far, my favorite holiday.

I've been knocking some crafts off of my TO DO list. My favorite creation is THIS:


My new planning center. I love having my grocery list, calendar, TO DO list, and menu all in one pretty little place. I covered the backboard of the frame with a fabric scrap I had laying around and printed the calendars and things off the internet. eventually, I'd like to replace them with a little bit cuter ones, but I was anxious to get this finished. <3

My old planning center looked like this. argh! mess=stress. :) now, it's all nice and tidy.


I also created this nice little graphic to hang somewhere, yet to be determined. It has all of our family's important dates. now there is no excuse to forget :)


My upcoming projects include refinishing a table that has bothered me for 4 years, and reorganizing my garage. I want to make it kid-safe so that we can play out there in the winter. i see many painting sessions, bike-riding, and other fun winter activities taking place out there! My brother's wedding date is quickly approaching as well, which means I need to get busy! I have bouquets to make, flower girl dresses to sew, a brunch to plan, and lots more fun projects! 

Although the holidays are here, as well as the busyness that comes with them, I cant help but take a step back and be thankful for all the many blessings in our life. Although 2011 has been a very challenging year, it is one for which I will be forever grateful. I hope each of you found much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving as well. 


1 comment:

  1. I love the planning center! I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete