Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wedding Projects

Well, I promised I'd share pics of some of the projects I worked on for my brother's wedding, so here they are! :)

It was such a beautiful wedding! My Sis-in-law chose a deep eggplant purple, and silver for her colors with black accents. She wanted things to have a little bit of a vintage glam feel. 


These are the boutenniers that the groomsmen and groom wore. We used all artificial flowers. Otherwise, we would have been very limited to find real flowers in this purple shade, plus, I love that you can keep your bouquet as a keepsake. And, you can make them way ahead of time. Wins all around. 


This is their unity candle. We found this gorgeous black ribbon at Hobby Lobby that was sheer with black rhinestone accents. We used this on several projects to tie everything together. I love this candle. So simple. So glam.


This bucket is holding the 3 bridesmaids bouquets plus the tosser bouquet (which was caught by my 7-year old niece, btw :). We used a variety of purple blooms accented with "vintage" broaches. 




The handles of the bouquets were wrapped in silver satin with a band of our lovely black sparkly ribbon. 


This...is the bride's bouquet! I <3 it. I thought about asking if I could keep it, but I thought she might want to hang on to it :).  This was a larger version of the bridesmaids bouquets. We used peonies, hydrangeas, and roses accented with diamond brooches and ivory pearls. 



The handle of the bride's bouquet was wrapped in this beautiful pearl trim. 

bubbles to send off the happy couple!


This was the cake topper we made. We got this wooden letter, painted it black and covered it with black rhinestones. 


Just the right amount of glam for this simple and elegant cake. We designed this cake, adding our lovely black ribbon again!

My SIL found this garter idea on a blog, but they were very expensive. I think we made this for somewhere around $1! She actually added a diamond "E" pin to it, but I didn't get a picture with that on it! It was the perfect finishing touch. 


This was the garter we used for the garter toss. nice and simple.


We made their guest sign in book on Shutterfly using one of their templates and pictures from the Engagement Session I did for them. 



The stunning bride wore a gorgeous veil for the ceremony. For the reception, she ditched the veil and we put in this little beauty. Feathers, French netting, diamonds and pearls. Super Vintage Glam. 


This was the best picture I got of my daughter during the whole wedding. I was a little busy to take pics. She was supposed to serve as a flower girl along side my 7 year old niece. She did great in rehearsal, but didn't quite make it for the ceremony. Oh well, at least she looked cute. I made the girls matching skirts and headbands. The skirts were bubble skirts with purple organza and black satin underneath, with a purple satin sash. 


Here is a pic of the gorgeous bride with her bridesmaids. We called them the Barbies all weekend. Such a pretty and sweet group of girls. I had so much fun working on these projects and I felt so honored to get to be a part of her planning process! We are so happy that my brother found you Megan! We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment