Thursday, November 3, 2011

Due Date


Dear Bella,

Yesterday was November 2nd. When we first found out that we were going to have another baby, the doctors told us that we should expect to meet them sometime around November 2nd. That was back before we knew you. Back when only your Creator knew your story. For 19 weeks I carried you. I did not know if you were a boy or a girl. I did not know your name. But I knew I loved you and would love you for the rest of my life.

On June 6th, we went in for our ultrasound and finally met you. Our precious baby girl. Only then, did we begin to learn that your story was not what we had expected--not what we had hoped. Our plans for the future started to change and adapt. Our HOPE in God was strong, but he told us to prepare. We did not know what to expect, but we knew we loved you. And would love you for the rest of our lives.


After meeting you, Bella, and seeing your beautiful face on the screen, I carried you with me for 12 more weeks. The weeks were both wonderful and terrible. I wanted more of them. I wanted to carry you forever so that you would be nice and safe in my belly. I cherished every kick.

You decided that you just couldn't wait to meet your mommy, so you came out to say Hi, 9 weeks early. For 10 minutes you heard us tell you that we love you and will love you for the rest of your life. For 10 minutes, you got a million kisses. For this momma, 10 minutes just weren't enough. But I take comfort in knowing that for the rest of eternity, you get to hear the Father tell you that He loves you.

Yesterday was November 2nd. The day you were supposed to be born. It was a hard day for your momma. We miss you every day. Your story was short. It ended too soon, and yet it has only begun. Thank you for everything you taught me. Thank you for making me a better momma and a better person. I love you, my sweet Bella, and I will love you for the rest of my life.

Love, Your Momma.









The above photos were taken for us at the hospital by Valerie Vaughn, a Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep Photographer. We appreciate them and cherish them.

Thank you to everyone who was thinking of me and praying for me on my due date. It was a very rough day, but I made it through. Thank you to my sweet friends for loving me even when i'm pitiful and anti-social. I couldn't have made it through the last few months without you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I found your blog through Pinterest. I wanted to say how beautiful your little girl is. I know the feeling of saying goodbye too soon - I lost my son Owen at 39 weeks gestation last November. Just wanted to thank you for sharing your story.

    - Melissa
    http://thesedaysmellyphant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete