Sunday, November 6, 2011

Winter Crafts

I have had a few winter crafts on my mind lately. I've been seeing lots of cute scarves out and about lately and I was trying to think of ways to update the old ones I have that I'm tired of wearing. I came up with this:


I took an old pashmina and ruffled it using elastic thread. Instant update :) Plus, can you ever have too many ruffles? I think not. 




Then I made these fingerless glove out of an old sweater. Not exactly an original idea. But I love the fact that they were FREE! This style is great for keeping warm, while still being able to use your phone, take pictures, buckle car seats, etc. 


I made the rosettes out of the neckline of the sweater. 


Just for the sake of keeping it real, this is why I call myself a Kamikaze Krafter. Really. Would it have killed me to take 2 seconds to change out my thread? Yes. It would have. I had to get it done ASAP!!


This one looks a little less terrible. I figured I had 2 seconds to spare. 



So those are some of my fun re-purposing projects. I LOVE making something new out of something old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment