Wednesday, November 16, 2011

ready to bake!

Maybe it's the colder weather that will surely be approaching, or maybe it's just my own laziness, but I've been wanting to get my freezer stocked with meals that I can just pull out and throw in the oven this winter.  I have a plan. We'll see how it works. I am planning to cook a meal for my family, eat 1/2 that night and put the other 1/2 in the freezer for a later date. That sounds doable, right?

The other day, I decided I was going to make some homemade cookies. I rarely make homemade for a couple of reasons. I am in love with the Simply Chocolate Chip cookie dough that you just plop on the tray and bake. Also, my mom's recipe that I love and grew up with makes a million cookies. Obviously, I could cut the recipe in 1/2 or something, but that's too much work. However, the other day, I was really craving Momma's cookies and I really wanted an excuse to use this beauty:


So I decided to make my own plop and bake cookies. I used my handy dandy cookie dough baller (best invention ever) to make these trays full of goodness. 


I flash froze them for 30 min or so, and then put them in a freezer bag. 


Now, I can just grab a few out whenever I want and have hot, homemade yumminess. mmmm. 
I also did this with my turkey sausage balls. I can grab out 6 or 8 and bake for a quick breakfast for me and the kids. 

Hopefully one of these days, I can show you a picture of a nicely organized and stocked freezer. Full of meals and ready to cook snacks. In the meantime, I should probably go clean out my freezer so that there is actually room in there to put something :)  Hope you are all having a blessed day!

-Mica


No comments:

Post a Comment