Sunday, August 7, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Well, after a week in the Ozarks, we are back to our home sweet home. We spent a week with my family by Table Rock Lake. We rented a beautiful 5 bedroom cabin complete with a game room and theater room. It was awesome. Although it was too miserably hot to do much outside, we had a great time just hanging out at the cabin, cooking our meals, and enjoying the beautiful views. The kids were thoroughly entertained by watching movies with their cousins and playing "the ball game" (which consisted of seeing who could roll the most pool balls into the pockets). We did manage to make it to the pools a couple of days to enjoy the lazy river, water slide and kiddie pools. We also rented a boat for a few hours one day and went tubing. The dads squeezed in a golf game and the moms managed to do plenty of shopping. It was a much needed getaway, but as always, it is nice to get home.

We are enjoying a nice break in our 110+ degree weather with some awesome showers this weekend. I pray that it is still cool enough to go outside by the time my kids wake up from their naps. They have been awesome, but I would imagine they are getting a little stir-crazy from being stuck in the house--i know I am. It is just WAY too hot for this pregnant momma to step foot outside. I got out to rent a movie at redbox yesterday and I was pretty sure my legs were melting.

My hubby was out of town this weekend, so the kids and I pretty much just vegged out at the house. It was so nice just to get to spend some one-on-one time with them. Sis wakes up at least an hour before brother and then Bro and I get to hang out while she takes her morning nap. It has been really nice and they have both been so incredibly sweet. Sister is really starting to show such a cute personality. She laughs whenever Brother burps! How does a one year old know that burps are funny?! And she tries to copy everything that Bro does. She desperately wants to be big! She has started imitating animal sounds, so hopefully she will start trying to say some words soon!  Brother is starting to be show interest in reading and writing. He can sound out simple 3 letter words (thanks to the LeapFrog Word Factory movie!) and he likes to practice writing letters. He also loves for me to quiz him by saying, "What does ____ start with?" Then he will sound it out and answer correctly nearly always. Not bad considering he just turned three. It has been fun to see him get so excited when he figures things out.

This week is kind of a big week for us. Our ultrasound with the perinatologist is scheduled for this Tuesday afternoon. I am going into it with hope and excitement. I think part of me thinks, "the news can't really get much WORSE, right?" (*knock on wood*)  And although the doctor's aren't expecting anything to have changed, I can't help but hope that it has. Regardless of what is found, it will be nice to have a clearer idea of how things are looking. But mostly, I am looking forward to seeing my baby girl again.

So please pray for us the next few days. Pray for peace and clarity. Pray for a miracle.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for the appointment tomorrow and will continue to pray for a miracle. Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete