Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Father's Love

They opened the sermon at church today with this video:



It is the story of father and son marathon team, Dick and Rick Hoyt. If you have time to watch the video, it is an incredibly inspiring story of a Father's love. I had seen this video, or some version of it before, but this morning, it about broke me. Since becoming a mother, I can pretty much cry at any video about a son or a daughter--doesn't even have to be a sad video! :) Combine that with a cocktail of pregnancy hormones and the recent events in my life, and I was really afraid I was going to have to run from the service before I exploded in some kind of bubbering fashion. When the words "Because of a tradgedy at Birth" kept playing across the screen, my heart broke.

Take a few seconds to watch this video. Then go hugs your babies. :)

1 comment: