Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thank you

I wanted to say a collective thank you for the flood of emails, texts, comments, and facebook posts that you have sent our way. We know that our loving friends and family will play a huge part in helping us through the coming days. Thank you for the offers to bring dinner and to babysit. I will definitely be taking many of you up on those offers. We cherish your prayers and can only describe our overall feeling today as heavensent. I truly feel the peace and grace of God meeting me in this place.

For me, today has been about loving on my kids and spending a LOT of time online. Researching everything about the baby's condition, what to expect in the months ahead, and looking for people who have had similar experiences in their lives. In the next few days we will be talking to all of our doctors and gathering as much information as possible.

I didn't mention it in my first post (since I was kind of running out of emotional energy) but before yesterday, I had not yet felt the baby move. At 19 weeks, this wasn't out of the ordinary. However, since the ultrasound, my sweet baby has not STOPPED moving! It is bittersweet. On one hand it is almost confusing. How can we know what we know about the baby's body and connect that to the strong healthy aerobics going on in my belly??! On the other hand, it is absolutely wonderful. It is a gift from God to be able to have this connection with my baby and feel the life that God has placed there--for however long.

No comments:

Post a Comment