Friday, June 10, 2011

Feeling Blue

Today I have to admit, I am feeling pretty blue. This is the first day in a couple of days that I just feel like tears are always close to falling and I just generally feel sad. For those of you who know VeggieTales, I feel like singing Madame Blueberry's song, "i'm so blue-hoo-hoo, blue-hoo-hoo, i don't know what to do!" Nothing bad has happened today. Overall it has been pretty nice, but I feel like the week's events are starting to catch up to me. I'm getting very little sleep at night mostly due to this:



The lovely rash caused by the lovely virus that has been plaguing my sweet little angel for the past week.   
Luckily, her fever is gone, her appetite is starting to return, and today we are finally seeing a lot more of this:



Here's hoping that she is mostly over this and can let momma get some much needed rest tonight. I really think that my overall "blueness" can mostly be contributed to emotional exhaustion and lack of sleep. I truly feel at peace with our situation. I just know that there will be times when the day-to-day activities of life catch up to me. 

Last night, I was so blessed to finally get to see my mom and dad. They have been travelling out of state when all of this news went down and just flew back last night. I know it was killing them to not be here with me, and although we talked on the phone often, it was nice to finally get a hug from them. We also got to visit with our wonderful friends who flew in from Denver to be here just in case we needed anything. Pretty awesome. We were actually able to enjoy a late night Mani/Pedi (a treat from my mother-in-law) followed by a Braum's ice cream run. That makes for a pretty good night in my book.  When we got to the salon, however, the first thing my sweet pedicurist (if that's a word) said was, "oh! congratulations! you look so cute!" followed by all the standard questions--"when's your baby due? Will this be your first? Is it a boy or a girl?"  Obviously she had no idea the truth stirring inside my belly and I would never want to make her feel bad for being kind to me, so I just said, "thank you, the baby is due Nov 2, I already have 2 children, we don't know the gender yet."  Although that is all true, I somehow felt like I was lying to her. While I know that I will get these questions from complete strangers often, I'm  more concerned with how to answer acquaintances or even close friends that have not yet heard the news. I don't want to make them feel bad or uncomfortable. But I'd rather tell them now than run into them after the baby is born and answer questions about why I don't have it with me.  I guess I'll just have to play it by ear. 

This evening, my husband and I are looking forward to an evening out. A friend is coming to watch the kids while we go find something fun to do. If we can stay up late enough, we might try to catch a movie or just go sit and talk somewhere. Tomorrow marks our 6 year anniversary! Surrounding all this sadness, we have had weeks of happy celebrations. Sissy turned one 2 weeks ago, our anniversary is tomorrow, and Brother turns 3 on Sunday!! We had a fun combined bday party for the kids last friday, and my husband's side of the family is coming to celebrate with us tomorrow night. Then we will figure out something fun to do with Max on his actual Birthday. So while the parties seem a little bittersweet now, it is a nice change of pace as well as a way to celebrate the lives that God has blessed us with. I am so thankful for my awesome husband. He has been amazing through all of this. He has been so supportive, and understanding and sweet to me, even though he is experiencing the same heartbreak that I am.  And, other than Sissy's pain-induced screaming fits (can't really blame her for those), my kids have been AWESOME this week. Even our dog (who I most days have a love/hate relationship) has been very mellow and sweet to me. Not to mention all of our wonderful family and friends! My cup truly runneth over!


P.S. I have been TERRIBLE about responding to all our the amazing emails/texts/FB messages that you have been sending our way. Please know that I am reading, saving, and cherishing every single one. If you asked a question that I have not responded to, please message me again. My brain is a little mushy these days. I sincerely apologize. Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment