Thursday, July 21, 2011

Back in the Groove

Well, I got my babies back!! Yipee!  Sometimes I don't realize how much I miss them until I get them back.  Brother has said about 50 times today, "Momma, I missed you while you were gone!" Melt my little heart. I have spent the morning catching up on all my hugs and kisses. We enjoyed a nice playdate and lunch with a friend and now I am taking advantage of simultaneous napping!! I'm not sure what I did right to get both kids to nap at the exact same time for 2-3 hours, but it is awesome. I got to spend some time sewing and finally got around to making myself a maternity dress that I have had in my head for weeks. I haven't really ever made clothes for myself unless you count adding a ruffle or something to a store-bought shirt. So I was pretty pumped. I'll show you my creation, but you'll have to excuse the horrible photography and lack of make-up.



TA-DA!!


I have also had a chance over the past few days to gather some stuff for Bella's Birthday. I have her little bag packed so that I can keep stuff all together as I think of it. That way if anything goes down earlier than expected, I will be prepared. Here is the headband I made for her. 



I wanted something pretty, obviously, but that also had meaning. The pink fabric I used is leftover from the dress I made Sissy for her baby dedication at church. The vintage lace and pearl button came from a sewing collection that was passed down from my grandmother, to my mother, and now, to me. The 3 rhinestones represent my 3 babies. And, if you look in the first picture, the netting is in the shape of angel's wings :)    

Bella has definitely been growing, as you can see by my 25 week picture at the top of the blog! She is also getting stronger. She is to the point where I can actually SEE some of her kicks when I look at my belly. I love that part.  I am enjoying being pregnant for the most part. I do however wish we could bump the temperature back down into the double digits. This heat is brutal for everyone, but I know my pregnant friends will agree that it is especially miserable when you're pregnant. We pretty much don't leave the house. Luckily, my kids stay pretty well entertained. The 8-foot trampoline we have in our "formal dining room" has been a lifesaver. The kids can get their wiggles out, and I get to stay in the air conditioning. :)

1 comment:

  1. love the photos mica! great job on the dress and that headband is precious and so well thought out by bella's sweet mama. :) hope you have a great afternoon and evening!

    ReplyDelete