Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Good Week

This week has been a good week. Nothing spectacular has happened. Just an overall good week. As far as Bella is concerned, not much has gone on. I have actually enjoyed a little bit of a mental vacation from processing things. I tried to cut myself some slack this week. I didn't pick up all the toys everyday. I didn't clear out the kitchen sink every night. I did almost no laundry. I cooked very little. It was a nice break. unfortunately, it all piled up pretty fast. :)  I am looking forward to a few days this week with just Bella and me. The big kids are going to Mimi's so I can catch up on a big project that has gotten pushed to the back burner lately. It will be a nice opportunity to get my house back in order, get some errands run, and some projects started. I am also looking forward to some time with my hubby. Maybe we'll even go to a movie.

Mostly, I am looking forward to some quiet. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kids and all their noise :). But I have found it hard to take the time to just sit and be alone with my thoughts. I have been feeling a strong urge to prepare for Bella. I guess it's the nesting thing again. I have her bag packed for the hospital, but i still have to make her gown. I cant wait to make that for her this week.

We continue to feel the love and support of our sweet friends and family. Today, however, it was a semi-stranger--a friend of a friend--who blessed my heart today. At a birthday party for our mutual friend, B came up and introduced herself to me. She said that she was following my blog and had some of the sweetest words to share about what it has meant to her. Then, she asked if she could touch my belly--touch my Bella. I'm not sure if I can adequately put into words how much this meant to me. With tears in my eyes, I thanked her. Thank you for touching my Bella. I think I was struck by this kind gesture because it brought to my attention that no one really has done that very much. To me, it was a gesture of validation of the life that still moves within me. She is still here. She still lives. She is kicking me as I type! Thank you, B. Thank you for acknowledging my Bella and blessing me today beyond words.

1 comment:

  1. Oh mica! I so have been wanting to do that but bc of all we have been going thru, I haven't been at church to see you. I am so happy someone did that for you. Hope I see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete