Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Suppose "Normal" is a relative term

Today is the first day that I have actually felt NORMAL!!! I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me. I have actually had energy to go to the grocery store, cook lunch, do Brother's lessons, play outside with the kiddos, do some lesson planning, write a blog post :), and I don't feel like I need a nap!! Ok, that might be an exaggeration--I could ALWAYS take a nap. Like, fall asleep on command!  But still. I feel great! We all seem to have recovered from the lovely stomach bug that hit us the past few days. The bathroom remodel is (supposedly) finishing up tomorrow or so. We can see the light at the end of this long dark tunnel we have been in for a while.

I am anxiously awaiting a package in the mail. Anytime now, we should be receiving the photos that were taken at the hospital by our NILMDTS photographer. I can't wait to see what she captured. She said we should have the disk in 3-4 weeks and it would be 4 weeks tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing them for many reasons. One of which is that I'm waiting to see them so that I see if they should be put on Bella's birth announcement. :)  The sadness surrounding Bella has faded. I try not to let myself dwell on it too much. I know that things will come up that trigger the tears. For example, my due date is approaching. Just a few more weeks. I think that might be a hard day for me. But overall, we feel at peace. We are starting to get all our hospital bills in the mail already. That is kind of a weird thing. Like, shouldn't you get a refund if you leave empty-handed? :) I'm only kidding, but it does kind of stink.  One happy thing--this week, a man is coming to plant a tree in our backyard. The very sweet people that work at my father-in-law's office, went together and purchased a tree for us to plant in Bella's memory. Now, we will be able to look out our back window and have a visible reminder of her at all times. As the tree grows, we will play in it's shade. Such a kind gesture from sweet friends. We will be blessed by it for years to come.

A few friends have asked if I would be willing to share some more information about what I have been doing for my home-preschooling with Brother. I would love to share that with you. I'm going to put it in a separate post so that those of you without preschoolers can just skip on over it if you like :)

I'm looking forward to getting back in the groove of life. I can't wait to start on all the sewing/crafting projects that have been put on hold over the past few months. I can't wait to go to the park and the zoo and all the fun playdates that we have been missing out on. We've got a lot of fun to make up for and I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment