Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Letter to my Daughter



Dear Bella,

Today you would be 2 weeks old. Our lives have been forever changed since we met you--forever changed for the better. We have missed you so much every single day. The hardest part for me is knowing that I will never get to hold you again, this side of heaven. I cherish every second I got to hold you, my beautiful tiny girl, but it just wasn't enough time. I look at your pictures every day. I take in every detail of your precious little face, your tiny perfect hands, and your beautiful black hair. Wow Bella. You are SO beautiful.

One thing I thought of the other day as I was singing "Jesus Loves Me" to your brother and sister, was that I would never get to sing it to you. Almost immediately, God spoke to me. He said it was okay that I didn't get to share the story of that song with you, because Jesus Himself was holding you & Jesus Himself was telling you how much he loved you. What an incredible comfort to me.

"Little one, to Him you belong. Your body was weak, but He is strong. Yes Jesus loves you, because He tells you so."

I only got to know you for a short time, but you are a part of me and you will remain a part of me forever. I love you so much, my sweet Bella Faith.

Love Always,
Your Momma


3 comments:

  1. Oh the things you come across that we've never given a second thought to. Sweet, Little Momma, I appreciate you so much for bringing to light these moments for us, these things we take for granted. I love to hear that the Holy Spirit is comforting you almost as soon as you feel the pain. All of your babies are SO blessed to have such a Godly woman they can call mom. Big hugs, Sharilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful letter to your sweet baby girl. You have opened my eyes to so many things I took for granted. There has not been a day since Bella's birthday that I haven't looked at my children and praised God for blessing me with my three angels. Thank you for reminding how truly precious life is! Love ya girl!! Kenda

    ReplyDelete