Friday, September 23, 2011

Thank You So Much

I can't even begin to tell all of you how blessed we have felt since the beginning of all of this back in June. We have had so much support from friends, family, church family, and even people we didn't know.  Approximately 5 seconds after Bella was born, there were a month's worth of meals lined up for us on a Care Calendar. It is obviously always a blessing when you get to eat yummy food without having to prepare it. But I'm not sure how we would have managed these past few weeks otherwise. It has been an absolute Godsend to not have to THINK about what to prepare, much less actually PREPARE it. Seriously, that has been SUCH an incredible blessing to us. Thank you to everyone who has brought us food or is signed up to bring some over the next couple of weeks. We appreciate you SO much.

I have had so many sweet friends that have called and said, "hey, I'm out and about. Can I drop off a Sonic drink for you?" First, the fact that my friends are thinking about me enough to offer blesses my heart. Second, Sonic is my Love Language. The fact that my friends know me well enough to know that blesses my heart as well. Although, I may have to change my motto to "Caffeine is my Love Language" because lattes have been awesome as well :)  Thank you girls for thinking of me and getting me my fix when I can't get out to get it myself. :)

I have had so many friends that have just come over to play with my kids while I rest. Or to empty my dishwasher, or carry laundry baskets up the stairs for me, or whatever I need help with. I have had friends offer to clean my house! And, while I am floored by the offers, I just can't let friends clean my toilets. That goes above and beyond the call of friendship :). But I feel loved by the offers all the same.

We have also just felt so blessed by all of the sweet cards, emails, Facebook messages and phone calls we have received. It is always nice to know that people remember you and are thinking about you and praying for you. These sweet gestures always serve to brighten up our days.

While we know that we will be sad for a while, and it will take time to feel "normal" again, we are starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I am seeing a little improvement physically every day. I am able to do little snippets of stuff around the house here and there. Yesterday I even got my pumpkins out on my porch just in time for the first day of fall! yippee for fall!  And we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on our bathroom remodel!! We are going to be able to move our clothes back into our closet tomorrow. It will make a huge difference overall when we get to set up our new bathroom and move back into our own bedroom. Back into our own BED!! The thought of having all of our rooms situated again makes me almost giggle with happiness. I hope you all are enjoying Fall so far and I hope you have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment