Thursday, September 8, 2011

On a Lighter Note...

 I am so incredibly excited right now. I get to see my kiddos today!!! As I type, they are on the road. In about 45 min, they will be covered with kisses and smothered with hugs! I can't wait. We have needed these last 5 or 6 days alone to be able to heal physically and start to heal emotionally. But man, have we missed our kids!!

I ran across something today that I thought I would share with you guys. I thought you might enjoy a break from your Kleenex boxes while reading this blog. I know I would. :)

For those of you that know me, I am not much of a jewelry person. I pretty much get some jewelry I like and then literally never take it off. I sleep in it, shower in it. Nice and simple. When I do pick out jewelry, I like jewelry that holds some sort of special meaning. I have a silver thumb ring that--no lie--has been on my thumb for probably 10 years?? I've taken it off maybe 5 times for x-rays or something along those lines. My Sister and Mother have one as well, and as far as I know, they still wear theirs as well (although I may have to check next time I see them ;).  My mother also started my sister and I a Pandora bracelet a few years back. Every so often, she buys us beads that we would like or that hold special meaning. Mine has the initials for my husband and kids (my sister has a "B" waiting for me so I can add Bella to it).

This year for my birthday, my sister got me this beauty. It is nice and dainty and just perfect. It has the initials for my two big kids and again, my sis is going to add a "B" for me. (I told you she was awesome).




In the hospital, my sweet friend "S" brought me this beautiful necklace. I can't even tell you how comforting it is for me to wear this. Just having a little symbol of her with me at all times has been incredible. And check out the detailing on the back. So Sweet. 




Today, I ran across this blog that had a tutorial to make a birds nest necklace. I knew I had to make one--IMMEDIATELY!  I like to refer to myself as a "kamikaze krafter".  Pretty much when I get an idea in my head, I HAVE to make it right away for fear I might explode. Luckily I had these supplies on hand so in approximately 10 min, I had this new little charm. I have always loved these necklaces, but never realized they were so easy to make. I might redo it with a little higher quality materials and some point, but I love the symbolism of the three little eggs in my nest--my three babies. :)  And I am absolutely in love with turquoise right now. 




I also wanted to thank all of you for reading my blog and sharing it with others. It is incredible for me to check the stats on my blogger account and see how many people have read Bella's story--even some from other countries! I'd like to say "Hi!" to my "new friends" in Rwanda, Germany, Canada, UK, Cambodia, Russia, S Korea, Philippines, and S Africa. I may never know who you are or how you found out about Bella, but thank you for taking the time to "meet" her. I want as many people to know her as possible and I hope that if anyone finds themselves in a situation similar to ours, that they can find some comfort in hearing her story. 

Well, my babies are getting closer so I better go! I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day.

-Mica


1 comment: